Wesley H. Kaupinen
- Joined Quaker Partners in 2009 and promoted to Principal in 2010
- Previously: Held various roles in Sales Management, Sales Operations, and Product Development in the U.S. Trauma Division of Synthes, a leading global orthopedic medical device company. While at Synthes, worked closely with the President of the U.S. Trauma Division to create, launch, and execute sales strategy. Prior marketing and medical device experience with J&J Cordis Cardiology. Worked for Apax Partners with a primary focus on specialty pharmaceutical and medical device investments, and during last year at Apax was the sole investment professional supporting the new and existing portfolio of investments of Alan Patricof, Co-Founder and Vice Chairman. Began career in investment banking in the Life Sciences Group at Robertson Stephens, focusing on corporate finance and M&A.
- Board Responsibilities: Intact Vascular
- Board Observer Responsibilities: NB Therapeutics, NovaSom and TransEnterix
- Education: B.A. in Economics from The University of Virginia, and an M.B.A. from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was the recipient of the William L. Kissick MD Scholarship Award.